News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

XBox Reveal Information

Started by Stoner, May 21, 2013, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I got to the party late, but here is what I've learned so far. I'll update this post with more as they show it.

Will be called "XBox 1"

15 XBox Exclusives in the first year

Halo Television series directed by STEVEN SPIELBERG

Exclusive XBox Content involving the NFL, including Fantasy League updates automatically as events happen in real time.

Releases this year.

New Call of Duty game(Ghosts), all DLC will be available for XBox1 before any other system.  All new game engine.  There's a dog involved.  No more "slow climb" when a small wall is in the way.  Shit happens in multiplayer, including earthquakes, exploding doors etc.  Apparently we'll have "pretty arms" for our player characters. 

Note: CoD comment:  "We have the best fans in the world."

All I can think of is "Take that nigger faggot!" comments that I hear all the time on Live(until muting said person, of course).

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Alex Smiley

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Stoner

You're lucky I didn't type XB1 yo.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Chris Stern

there is also a mandatory install of all games and a used game fee..this is official

Stoner

Quote from: Chris Stern on May 21, 2013, 06:03:01 PM
there is also a mandatory install of all games and a used game fee..this is official

I just read this elsewhere.  Its kinda lame.  And by kinda, I mean incredibly.  I think I'm gonna be a Sony guy this generation.

Goldferg

Quote from: Stonerman on May 21, 2013, 06:31:24 PM
I just read this elsewhere.  Its kinda lame.  And by kinda, I mean incredibly.  I think I'm gonna be a Sony guy this generation.
Preeeeety much this. Unless Sony somehow manage to screw up even worse
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Crazy Kyd

To me Xbox one seems like it is the Wii U of Xbox systems. But I'm sure it will sell a lot better.

I am surprised that Microsoft decided to go with blocking used games just because they are at the top of the videogame "race." I honestly would have expected Sony to do something like that first.

I do feel like Sony has the better system, but Sony has about as much stuff with their system that can be thrown out as well. At least, I think Sony's press conference focused more on gaming rather than multimedia stuff. Unless I am mistaken.

Stoner

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on May 21, 2013, 09:35:43 PM
To me Xbox one seems like it is the Wii U of Xbox systems. But I'm sure it will sell a lot better.

I am surprised that Microsoft decided to go with blocking used games just because they are at the top of the videogame "race." I honestly would have expected Sony to do something like that first.

I do feel like Sony has the better system, but Sony has about as much stuff with their system that can be thrown out as well. At least, I think Sony's press conference focused more on gaming rather than multimedia stuff. Unless I am mistaken.

The PS4 reveal was significantly more about the gaming possibilities.  They paid a lot more attention to thing like system specs (Which Microsoft almost didn't mention at all outside of "8 Gigs of RAM") and whatnot.  The only non-gaming related thing from Sony I remember is the social media integration, although I will admit that I don't really remember too terribly much anyway.

Stoner

Well this is interesting.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport3/status/336924786410278912

QuoteXbox Support 3 ‏@XboxSupport3

@PaulMitchell80 We can confirm that the article stating Xbox One will charge fees to play used games is NOT correct. ^PJ

So I'm a little more inclined to be an XBox guy now.  I'm still not entirely sure though.  It will likely depend on the exclusives for each console.  I just want some good RPGs dammit!

Crazy Kyd

If that's the case, then it makes sense why that detail spread like wildfire. It's a big issue.

Stoner

jagilki

an always on Camera which MUST be connected to an always connected to the internet machine

Nope, not worried about that AT ALL.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stonerman on May 21, 2013, 10:49:39 PM
Well this is interesting.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport3/status/336924786410278912

So I'm a little more inclined to be an XBox guy now.  I'm still not entirely sure though.  It will likely depend on the exclusives for each console.  I just want some good RPGs dammit!

Yeah Microsoft are backtracking again, in a interview they did with Rev3 games posted today they didn't say there was a lockout system,just a bunch of vague PR speak that involved how people play their games and their accounts..it sounded a bit like there taking a page from Valve/Steam where there going to have some sort of cloud saving system where you can log into your account on someone elses machine and pick up where you left off, so let's say I been playing Morrowind I could go onto my buddies machine, log into my account boot up Morrowind and have all my progress/saves there for me. it's actually kinda nice but and this is a big BUT note that neither the Xbox suppourt or the guy Sess interviewed ever said there wasn't some form of restriction to keep out used games, just that there is a system that sounds similar to Steams and you wont pay extra for used games..not that you can actually play them or that the game wont be locked into a account just that you wont pay extra..

Always been aware of little details like that..

Stoner

Crazy Kyd