News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

XBox Reveal Information

Started by Stoner, May 21, 2013, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

[spoiler=How used games will work][/spoiler]

Its a large picture, but here you go.  Its not as bad as many people thought it would be, myself included.  I'm just hoping the fee isn't too large.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Ty

Stoner

Xbox One Pros:

Extremely fast switching between tasks (TV, movies, skype, etc.)
    Kinect seems much improved with 1080p quality and more accurate tracking
    ESPN partnership
    300,000 servers for Xbox Live, according to Microsoft this will allow for "living and persistent worlds" (MMOs, anyone?)
    Controller seems mostly the same except with improved d-pad
    Compatible with Smartglass
    Constant low power state
    Download games while you play
    Capture and editing software (very lightly touched upon during the event)
    Kinect voice commands (useful for when you're holding something, such as food)

Triggers have feedback

Xbox One Cons:

Used games fees (Lots of conflicting info at the moment; policies not finalized)

Requires a connection to the internet once every 24 hours

Significantly less powerful than PS4 (Source 1, Source 2)

Kinect is apparently required to use the console

No Backwards compatibility

Most likely going to have to pay to play online

Microsoft will not allow indie devs to self publish (for XBLA, if XBLIG is carried over this will be possible, also, Microsoft is apparently working on a plan to allow ALL creators to "be a part of the future of Xbox One")

Microsoft has not talked about how or if services like their TV, Music, and other services will work outside of the US, as there are usually complications involved with that kind of thing

Kinect voice commands could possibly used by others to troll or other shenanigans

5 gb ram available to devs

PS4 Pros:

You can play games/demos while they are downloading

Pressing a button puts the console into "low power mode" and when pressed again pick up right where you left off

Share button lets you capture footage and upload it (dedicated capture/compression)

Ability to stream games to friends

8gb GDDR5 Ram (7gb available to devs)

Dualshock controller seems larger and the triggers/analog sticks seem improved (touchpad added, but I don't know if I consider that a pro or con)

Sony lets indie devs self-publish games, making it easy to get on the store

Cross-play with Vita

Compatible with PS Move

Download games in the background

GPU 50% faster than Xbox

Mobile app that will tie in with PS account

PS4 Cons:

No backwards compatibility

It's been hinted that publishers might be able to choose to block used games

This is not a comprehensive list.  Things like games and whatnot were left out because Microsoft only vaguely mentioned anything beyond 15 exclusives.  More information will be available as of E3 I'm sure.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Crazy Kyd

The touchpad on the PS4 controller does sound a bit lame in my opinion. Just like with the motion controls with the PS3 controller, developers will stop experimenting with it after the first 2 or 3 years.

and as far as the PS4 being more powerful, with the exception of some Sony exclusive games and features, the system will never live up to its true potential. Much like how the PS3 never really had an opportunity to showcase it.

I do like how both Microsoft and Sony are making the gaming experience more interactive for gamers but I still don't like how gaming systems are becoming an all-in-one multimedia machine. I'm not sure why but something about it bugs me.

Stoner

I think they saw how well the Wii went with the casual crowds and want to bank on it.  But instead of limiting it to "children and families" they are also going for the "bachelor" demographic, the guys who have more extra cash to spend anyway.

Chris Stern

Well Microsoft is either in full denial mode or there getting nervous because not only have they become a big joke

but their stock began to take a dive when the unveiling happened while Sony and Nintendo's saw a rise..so even investors aren't happy with this thing..

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Crazy Kyd

That GIF is hilarious. Using the movie Seven for that is clever.

And that is interesting news.

Stoner

So here's a thought.

The Kinect will be able to read your pulse.  Don't know how, but it will.

Imagine the possibilities for the Survival/Horror genre!

Crazy Kyd

Nintendo was supposed to develop something to read your pulse. Not sure if they ever did though.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Level-One

I own an Xbox 360, never owned a PS3....

Though, I will NOT be buying Xbox One. They've lost me and my business. I'll be buying a PS4 because it runs more like a gaming system. I don't want the bullshit kinect system nor do I wish to talk to my Xbox to turn it on. I'll enjoy the free online and not worrying about paying extra fee's out the ass. Thanks.

T-Bonizzle

Nothing about the Xbox One has me excited. Partly because they aren't doing anything that the 360 doesn't already do, and partly because Microsoft is trying to be coy about the system. "ooo it's a mystery as to what features and games we have planned" Fuck you I don't want a mystery I want information so I can make an informed decision about which system I want.

Sony has done PS4 right. They have addressed fan's issues, they have clearly outlined new features, and they have outlined a group of pretty good launch titles. For all we know CoD will be the only Xbox title available at launch.

Stoner

I honestly WANT to be excited about XB1, but Microsoft is making that very difficult to do for me.