News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE PPV: Wrestlemania XXX News/Rumors

Started by Fnord, November 08, 2013, 03:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

I thought I had posted this somewhere before... maybe not... Anyway... yeah...

Source: F4WOnline

WWE officials have been focusing on WrestleMania XXX plans and reportedly have working plans for most of the top names including Triple H, John Cena, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and The Undertaker, among a few others. While several months ago they wanted to do Steve Austin vs. Triple H for control of WWE with Austin representing Vince McMahon, it looks like that match will not be happening.

Word is that WWE officials are looking at The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Ryback vs. Goldberg if that works out, Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes and CM Punk vs. Randy Orton.

Regarding Orton vs. Punk, Punk at one point was going to win the Royal Rumble and challenge for the title shot but there was talk of having the winner be whoever challenges for the World Title instead. As noted, there has also been talk of doing a champion vs. champion match for the main event.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

jagilki

Further reports indicate that Daniel Bryan is scheduled to lose to Zack Ryder in 14 seconds on the Pre-Show

Triple H is reported as saying "It's only fitting for a star who's not larger than life."

Fnord

- For what it's worth, WWE is basing their WrestleMania XXX advertising around The Undertaker, Randy Orton, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar and CM Punk.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Rob

That tells me that contrary to other dirtsheet stuff, Big Show isn't going to be in the title picture long.
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Triple-H's ideal main event for WrestleMania XXX courtesy of memegeneokerlund.com 

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kieran King

Quote from: Rob on November 09, 2013, 06:20:44 PM
That tells me that contrary to other dirtsheet stuff, Big Show isn't going to be in the title picture long.

And that Daniel Bryan won't be back in it either...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Everytime I read this Bryan stuff it makes me just think how amazing my booking idea for him was...

1. Handpicked by Cena, wins, loses to Orton
2. HHH plays card that Bryan was never a true contender because Cena handpicked him and he must show his worth
3. Bryan goes on some sort of sub story streak where Brad Maddox is put in charge of having Bryan beaten, each week, each PPV he wins his sub main event midcard match...we get streak signs going
4. WWE runs various people against Orton who never would have lost the title BACK to Bryan and he beats them thus making him a true winning corporate champion
5. Pay attention to Bryan again at final PPV of 2013...screwed out of the win and his streak by HHH (therefore not clashing streak with Undertaker Mania streak and seperating the two...)
6. Bryan wins a 4 way to enter the rumble drawing him number one maybe against some sort of handpicked other 3 of the authority
7. Bryan wins rumble to earn his shot at Wrestlemania, HHH cannot therefore deny him the chance
8. Bryan beats Orton for the WWE Championship in the Main Event of Wrestlemania

You get a good 8-9 month reign out of Orton thus making him a LEGIT TOP HEEL in the company and stop him getting those face pops. Bryan has a true Rocky story, remember Rocky didn't win the World title in Rocky...just in Rocky II! The Bryan Mania wins allows you to put a stop on the Authority angle post Mania if needs be or continue it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Kise

Half of me wouldn't mind dropping $850 for a ticket. The other half of me expects to be let down by not just the booking, but the direction they take Bryan leading up to the event...Then again, that sounds more like 2/3s instead of half.

Fnord

As noted last week, there are currently no on-going talks between Hulk Hogan and TNA. WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart, who is close personal friends with Hogan, recently told Ring Posts that Hogan plans on being at WrestleMania XXX.

"Hogan knew I was doing this press tour with WWE promoting the DVD," Hart said, via The Baltimore Sun. "He told me to say exactly this: Hulk Hogan will be at WrestleMania if he has to buy a ticket and sit at ringside.

"I think he can step into the ring one more time. We have a school in Florida, and he stepped into the ring there and did some stuff, and he looked great. As his friend, I'd be the first one to say, 'Listen Hulk, do us a favor, just go out to the ring to Real American, say OK Brother, rip the shirt, do the pose, sign a bunch of autographs and people will still be just as happy,' ... but he does have a couple of good matches left in him, he really does. I've got my fingers crossed we see something at WrestleMania."

Hart also mentioned that fans would like to see Hogan face John Cena at WrestleMania. Would you like to see Hogan return for a match at WrestleMania XXX? If so, who would you like to see him face?

Fnord

- Advertising for the mega-event currently features John Cena, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio, you can check it out below:

Dorling

Just look at all the Daniel Bryan on that poster.

Hondo

Quote from: Fnord on November 14, 2013, 01:25:11 PM
As noted last week, there are currently no on-going talks between Hulk Hogan and TNA. WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Hart, who is close personal friends with Hogan, recently told Ring Posts that Hogan plans on being at WrestleMania XXX.

"Hogan knew I was doing this press tour with WWE promoting the DVD," Hart said, via The Baltimore Sun. "He told me to say exactly this: Hulk Hogan will be at WrestleMania if he has to buy a ticket and sit at ringside.

"I think he can step into the ring one more time. We have a school in Florida, and he stepped into the ring there and did some stuff, and he looked great. As his friend, I'd be the first one to say, 'Listen Hulk, do us a favor, just go out to the ring to Real American, say OK Brother, rip the shirt, do the pose, sign a bunch of autographs and people will still be just as happy,' ... but he does have a couple of good matches left in him, he really does. I've got my fingers crossed we see something at WrestleMania."

Hart also mentioned that fans would like to see Hogan face John Cena at WrestleMania. Would you like to see Hogan return for a match at WrestleMania XXX? If so, who would you like to see him face?

Hey, IF SOMEONE USED HIM THE RIGHT WAY, Hogan could still draw money. Not 80's Hulkamania money, but money nonetheless. But he needs absolutely ZERO creative control, and ZERO backstage clout. And if he DID work a match (I'd rather he didn't, but who knows), it would most definitely need to be against someone who can carry most of the match on his behalf. Someone like Cesaro, maybe. "Real American vs Real American" if you will.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Drama Queen

Quote from: JackHondo on November 14, 2013, 01:48:00 PM
Hey, IF SOMEONE USED HIM THE RIGHT WAY, Hogan could still draw money. Not 80's Hulkamania money, but money nonetheless. But he needs absolutely ZERO creative control, and ZERO backstage clout. And if he DID work a match (I'd rather he didn't, but who knows), it would most definitely need to be against someone who can carry most of the match on his behalf. Someone like Cesaro, maybe. "Real American vs Real American" if you will.

Are you kidding me brother? He should end the streak! But to do so he should win a gauntlet match first where he goes over cena, punk, Bryan, orton etc. and the. At the end of the night both world champions should taunt him and call him a coward and challenge him to win their titles and....

Oh wait you said he should have ZERO creative control?.... Sorry, I thought you said Total control... Sorry Vince I was getting you mixed up with Dixie!

Fnord

- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are interested in having Shane McMahon make an appearance at WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans, Louisiana, according to F4WOnline.com on Friday. No word yet on whether the former wrestling executive is interested.

McMahon left WWE in 2010 to pursue other opportunities. In July, McMahon voluntarily stepped down as CEO of YOU On Demand, whilst remaining YOD's principal executive officer and Chairman of the Board.

jagilki

SHANE MACMAHON TO DEFEAT Daniel Bryan at Mania.  You heard it here first.