News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Civic Duties!

Started by T-Bonizzle, November 05, 2012, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Your vote matters. Tomorrow is election day, and if you don't vote, why are you living in this country? In truth, the election is so much more than the presidential election. Yea it's a big deal, sure. But what about your local elections? What about the people who are actually going to be making decisions that'll impact your lives much more frequently? What about the propositions that are being voted on by the general public in your state? What about the people who are gonna make policies that will tell you who you can marry, what can be taught in school, where you can drink, smoke, talk on a phone, things that'll affect your future.

Here is a good resource for some last minute reading up on your local elections. http://www.smartvoter.org/

Had a friend of mine come up with this (or steal it from somewhere) that I think hits some good points.

Vote intelligently. Do not let your fears or hatred dictate who you vote for. Research ALL candidates in depth using nonpartisan, nonprofit fact checkers like votesmart.org to help you. Research the issues at hand. There is more to the US than just its economy, there is also its citizens. Who will help the most of the US's people? Who will help you with your rights? If you're a woman, protect your rights as a woman to choose how your body is handled. Protect your right to equal pay for equal work. Are you gay? Then think about marrying the person you love and vote for your right to do so. Are you a veteran or are active in the military? Vote for your right as a person returning from a fight to protect our rights to protect your rights. If you're just voting for the economy, you're not considering everyone else, you're not voting for the bigger picture. The President of the United States of America is more than a financial position. Treat it that way.

So tomorrow, post in this thread confirming that you voted, and I'll give you a gold star or something similar.

Talon

I voted 3 weeks ago... way ahead of the curve.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Tezmission Black

I'll be voting tomorrow, even though I know Romney will win Texas, I will still cast my vote so I can bitch and complain regardless of the outcome.

T-Bonizzle

Talon

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Ty

Here in Canada, I voted in my municipal elections last month, can I haz cookee?

GM Franchise

I am voting tomorrow after work.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Stoner

Quote from: Al Black Rose on November 05, 2012, 10:28:40 PM
I'll be voting tomorrow, even though I know Romney will win Texas, I will still cast my vote so I can bitch and complain regardless of the outcome.

You too?

Didn't know you were a Texan!

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Tezmission Black

Yep Yep, I'm from BFE south of Houston.

Mike Powers

I too voted weeks ago. Absentee ballots FTW!

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

As LGBT, I wish I could vote in 'Murica.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

J-Reb

Mickey Mouse for the win!

Duckman

Get out there and vote folks. It's what grown ups do.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.