News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash INC

GM Franchise

Actually it's not over until next weekend Justin. He did help get them to the playoffs which is something that shocks me after how badly their season started.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Yep, Mendenhall is out with a torn ACL. That might be a factor as far as the Steelers offense is concerned especially with Big Ben's ankle issues.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

I think the fact that Tebow got them to the playoffs means that his season was a success.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

He did get them into the playoffs, but he is a horrible quarterback and will prove that again against the Steelers and next year as well, especially since teams will have more time to prepare for their option attack.

Oh and Mark Sanchez does suck!

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on January 02, 2012, 10:56:12 PM
I think the fact that Tebow got them to the playoffs means that his season was a success.

Agreed. After starting 1-4 just making it to the postseason is a huge success considering where they started from.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on January 02, 2012, 10:56:12 PM
I think the fact that the Broncos defense got them to the playoffs means that the Broncos season was a success.

Fixed it for you.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

FXBlade

Quote from: DnK on January 03, 2012, 12:32:18 PM
Fixed it for you.

Bollox

The Broncos D has always been good, not amazing, not below par.

it amazes me how teams haven't been able to counter Tebow so far.

The guy has something, but that something isnt a starting QB something

Cory

Fixed it for you.

Cause that defense scores points and comesback in the 4th quarter.

I've never ONCE said that their defence isnt the main reason why they started winning with Tebow, because it is. But Tebows was put in a situation, 1-4, where at BEST he was supposed to just see if he could actually play in the NFL and the Broncos wanted to know where they stood before the next draft and offseason. Tebow then went 7-4 and got this lifeless team:

A) Media buzz
B) Win the division (Homefield in the wildcard round)
C) To the playoffs

Tebow was a top 10 QB statistically this year because he had the only stat that mattered and thats wins and getting to the playoffs.

GM Franchise

Fixed it for you.

Broncos made the playoffs after starteing 1-4. Changing out Moreno and Orton with Tebow and McGahee did wonders. Their Defense is underrated but not too great especially with Dawkins out and Miller playing with an injured hand.

Justin

Jon

Quote from: Blade on January 03, 2012, 12:57:04 PM
Bollox
it amazes me how teams haven't been able to counter Tebow so far.

They have. 3 losses in row has shown that... most likely to be 4 in a row too.

Quote from: Cory on January 03, 2012, 02:18:21 PM
Cause that defense scores points and comesback in the 4th quarter.

I've never ONCE said that their defence isnt the main reason why they started winning with Tebow, because it is. But Tebows was put in a situation, 1-4, where at BEST he was supposed to just see if he could actually play in the NFL and the Broncos wanted to know where they stood before the next draft and offseason. Tebow then went 7-4 and got this lifeless team:

A) Media buzz
B) Win the division (Homefield in the wildcard round)
C) To the playoffs

Tebow was a top 10 QB statistically this year because he had the only stat that mattered and thats wins and getting to the playoffs.

I agree with you on the fact that Tebow was put in a pretty dire situation where the organization just wanted to see what he could do. The team had media buzz all season from the get go... there was media buzz from the off-season when supposedly Brady Quinn passed Tebow on the depth chart for the 2nd string position. They won the division thanks to some late game heroics by the offense, defense, and special teams... and most of all lots of help from the other crap teams in the division. The Broncos didn't really win the division, as much as they backed into it. It seemed like nobody really wanted to win the AFC West. Winning the division and making the playoffs is the same point.

Tebow is not a Top 10 Quarterback... LOL. Not even by wins. Not even by winning percentage.

Tebow is without a doubt a Bottom 10 Quarterback.

Also... something that made me laugh. Orton in 5 games threw for more passing yardage then Tebow in 14.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2012, 03:21:01 PM
Moreno got hurt.

That happened AFTER they made the change.

Cory

Moment of truth today, Im a Steelers fan (of course when my Eagles get eliminated every year) but Im still rooting for Tebow to have a good game.

T-Bonizzle

I want the Broncos to win, and I want Tebow to unquestionably lead that win, so naysayers will have to resort to blaming the Steelers for being a bad team.