News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: Cory on January 08, 2012, 12:20:15 PM
Moment of truth today, Im a Steelers fan (of course when my Eagles get eliminated every year) but Im still rooting for Tebow to have a good game.

Then you're a not a true Eagles fan.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: DnK on January 08, 2012, 12:46:28 PM
Then you're a not a true Eagles fan.

I kind of wondered how you can support two teams...your either in or out as far as I am concerned!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

Quote from: Trumpers on January 08, 2012, 12:48:53 PM
I kind of wondered how you can support two teams...your either in or out as far as I am concerned!

Exactly. The fact that it's the Steelers that he's also a fan of makes it even worse.

Cory

I knew after I posted that I should have edited 'fan' because it wasn't the correct term. I wear my Reggie White jersey at every playoff game I watch, regardless of the Eagles playing or not, I bleed green, but when they choke every year, I "enjoy" I guess watching the Steelers play.

They play the way the Eagles should, and as long as the Giants dont win im okay with it.

and DnK dont be a cunt, Im one of the biggest Eagles fans around, gone out of my way to pay over $1000 to see them play. Your new so I'll cut you slack, but guys like Midas and BD know im Eagles all the way, and would have understood the

"Moment of truth today, Im a Steelers fan (of course when my Eagles get eliminated every year) but Im still rooting for Tebow to have a good game."

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gary

I see Cory's side, every time Dallas lost in the NBA playoffs before last year (:D) I still kept watching and still rooted for a team over the other to win said series.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

T-Bonizzle

Why can't you root for other teams? There are 32 NFL teams, what if your team isn't playing? Do you just say fuck it and stop watching football period?

Cory

Well my point is, Eagles above all but they lose every year.

I've gone a few years of just moping through the playoffs pissed and not enjoying it, but I figured as long as its not another NFC team, what team can I enjoy watching when the Eagles aren't on? The Steelers. I don't live in Pennsylvania so I dont have a cross-town mentality, hell, Steelers/Eagles aren't even rivals. I may have not have to use "fan" in my earlier post, but I believe enjoying watching a team makes you one to some extent.

I dont want to come off as an asshole, but for a passionate Eagles fan for someone to say I'm not, even over a message board rubs me the wrong way, and DnK came off like a complete dickhead. You have a Oregon State and Penn State userbar in your sig, so by your logic your not a fan of either?

T-Bonizzle

A lot of people in PA are fans of both teams actually. They don't have to terribly of a rivalry.

GM Franchise

I HOPE the Broncos win this game. For one I'm a fan and two I HATE the Steelers. Ever since that Super Bowl with the Seahawks I've despised them. They also are missing their Pro Bowl Center Pouncey and Mendenhall as well which might be big factors.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: Cory on January 08, 2012, 04:08:58 PM
Well my point is, Eagles above all but they lose every year.

I've gone a few years of just moping through the playoffs pissed and not enjoying it, but I figured as long as its not another NFC team, what team can I enjoy watching when the Eagles aren't on? The Steelers. I don't live in Pennsylvania so I dont have a cross-town mentality, hell, Steelers/Eagles aren't even rivals. I may have not have to use "fan" in my earlier post, but I believe enjoying watching a team makes you one to some extent.

I dont want to come off as an asshole, but for a passionate Eagles fan for someone to say I'm not, even over a message board rubs me the wrong way, and DnK came off like a complete dickhead. You have a Oregon State and Penn State userbar in your sig, so by your logic your not a fan of either?

Sorry, if I came off as a dick. I wasn't attempting too. I have family in PA, which is why I grew up being an Eagles fan and also Penn State. I lived in So Cal though... which is why you'll see I am Lakers/Angels/Ducks fan. I attended college at Oregon State University, which is why I am a fan of them. I actually flew to the Beavers/Lions game a few years ago and wore a Beavers hat and Penn State shirt. Besides that is college... it'd be different if I was a Beaver and Oregon Ducks fan (rivals).... which I compare loosely to this.

The rivalry between the Eagles and Steelers is definitely there. Really only in PA though. I hate the Steelers as much as any team in the NFC East. It's just the way I was taught by my family in PA when I was growing up. You have to hate the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, and Steelers.

But, if I came off as a dick, I apologize. I wasn't trying to downsize your fandom of the Eagles... I just couldn't understand if you are going to cheer for another team... why it would be the Steelers.

Needless to say... today I am a Tim Tebow fan.

GM Franchise

TEBOWMANIA IS RUNNING WILD! This is what's going on in Denver's locker room right now...

Tim Tebow - National Championship Halftime Speech!

Jon

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cory

Gary

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOW TIME!

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.