News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Read this. Tebow had rib, lung, and chest injuries during that playoff game. Even the haters have to give him props for this, man. Some quarterbacks wouldn't have even come back on the field after injuries like this. This guy is the type of leader more teams need. Props to the man for showing toughness and heart.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8261adad/article/tebow-suffered-rib-lung-chest-injuries-in-playoff-loss-to-pats?module=HP11_headline_stack
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on January 18, 2012, 03:08:41 PM
Read this. Tebow had rib, lung, and chest injuries during that playoff game. Even the haters have to give him props for this, man. Some quarterbacks wouldn't have even come back on the field after injuries like this. This guy is the type of leader more teams need. Props to the man for showing toughness and heart.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8261adad/article/tebow-suffered-rib-lung-chest-injuries-in-playoff-loss-to-pats?module=HP11_headline_stack

I've never questioned the kids toughness or heart. He exudes heart and toughness. It's just his skill set at quarterback that I question.

It's like the movie Rudy.

Ara Parseghian: "I wish God would put your heart in some of my players bodies."

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

^^What DnK said.  Nobody's questioning his toughness, heart, and passion for the game.

Cory

Hes going to improve....its essentially his rookie season, and hes basically starting at the other end of the career progression that most QBs start at.

Typical 1st round QB: Has the skills, might night a bit of adjusting. Technically sound. Needs to gain composure, professionalism, heart, the ability to win games, leader. QB's tend to take 3-4 seasons before they become this "complete" player if you will. Perfect example, Cam Newton. Statistically the best rookie QB season ever, but they didnt win, he doesnt have composure, and isnt a leader. Eventually the two sides of a quality QB will meet for him to become a complete player.

Tebow: Has the heart, composure, professionalism, nearly unmatched leadership, and the ability to win games. He needs to work on his mechanics. Tebow had the best record for a starting "rookie" QB, won tight games and proved to the entire league hes already a top 5 leader at such a young stage in his career. So what's any different that Cam Newton situation, will Tebow not in 2-3 years hit that same point where most QB's gain the features he already has, expect with NFL level mechanics?

Its like the people that get on QB for his mechanics and poor stats, couldn't people be doing the exact same thing for Cam Newtons wins this year with the Panthers? Their record was just as poor as Tebows stats.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on January 18, 2012, 04:29:44 PM
Hes going to improve....its essentially his rookie season, and hes basically starting at the other end of the career progression that most QBs start at.

Typical 1st round QB: Has the skills, might night a bit of adjusting. Technically sound. Needs to gain composure, professionalism, heart, the ability to win games, leader. QB's tend to take 3-4 seasons before they become this "complete" player if you will. Perfect example, Cam Newton. Statistically the best rookie QB season ever, but they didnt win, he doesnt have composure, and isnt a leader. Eventually the two sides of a quality QB will meet for him to become a complete player.

Tebow: Has the heart, composure, professionalism, nearly unmatched leadership, and the ability to win games. He needs to work on his mechanics. Tebow had the best record for a starting "rookie" QB, won tight games and proved to the entire league hes already a top 5 leader at such a young stage in his career. So what's any different that Cam Newton situation, will Tebow not in 2-3 years hit that same point where most QB's gain the features he already has, expect with NFL level mechanics?

Its like the people that get on QB for his mechanics and poor stats, couldn't people be doing the exact same thing for Cam Newtons wins this year with the Panthers? Their record was just as poor as Tebows stats.

First off, you can't teach heart and toughness. You either have it or you don't. It's not something you gain later in your career. And for the record, I think Newton has heart and toughness.

Tebow will get better, sure. I mean, he can't really get much worse throwing the football. He will never be a great passer, he won;t even be a good passer. As long as his team has a good defense, you'll always have a chance at winning the football game. Tebow is clutch, that is something Newton was not this year. But being clutch is something you can gain.

Tebow has a lot going for him though. He is a media sweetheart. The team and the city get huge publicity for having Tebow be the face of the franchise. That equals lots of money. I'm not sure exactly how it all works, but you know the Denver Broncos are reaping some sort of benefits from Tebow being in the sports news 24/7.

What Tebow is good at:
1. He can extend the play.
2. He can run the football.
3. He's a leader on and off the field.
4. He's clutch.

What Tebow can/needs to work on in the offseason to help him next year:
1. Reading the opposing defenses.
2. Passing Accuracy
3. Decision Making
4. Holding on to the football.

Tim Tebow can be an average quarterback in the NFL. He'll never have the stats that the good NFL Quarterbacks have. He won't even have the stats that the average quarterbacks have. But he'll learn his limitations. He'll learn what works well for him and what doesn't. He'll learn composure in the pocket. He'll learn not to get rattled after making a bad play.

The Broncos will get some playmakers at receiving corp for him. Although, I think Thomas (no doubt about it) and Decker will turn out being good receivers in the NFL. They need a TE though, that's a necessity. They need to shore up their offensive line to give Tebow better protection. I think their defense will be even better next year then they were this year, but they could use some much needed depth in the secondary.

That about covers it.

GM Franchise

Tebow won a playoff game. Some starters on quality teams can't even claim that so no matter what he's already headed in the right direction.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Justin

That's ridiculous.  We will see how much people are talking next season when the Broncos are 4-12 and go nowhere.

Cory

How can you say that they will do that bad next season? Von Miller/Tebow/Thomas are only going to be get better and progress in this full offseason unlike the last.

I think losing their defensive coordinator to the Raiders could be what destroys them next season.

Plus, theres still free agency and the draft.....the Broncos could put the right players around Tebow and make them an even stronger unit.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on February 03, 2012, 03:21:21 PM
That's ridiculous.  We will see how much people are talking next season when the Broncos are 4-12 and go nowhere.

Since you're complaining so much about Tebow what's your team? I bet it's the Raiders or some team like that.

The Broncos have a young core that's only going to continue to grow. Their defense is going to be the key next season especially with losing their coordinator and most likely Brian Dawkins as well. Free agency and the draft will be the key to getting everything in order. Plus Elway is going to be working with Tebow hence why I am optimistic about the offense next season. Also they'll have Knowshon Moreno and Willis McGahee at full strength too.

Maz

He's going to be great ... "He's a baller, He's a gamer, He's a shot-caller"

He's so good he did a remake of "The Drive" against the Jets that Thursday Night ... 95 yd drive and he went 92 of it! Rex Ryan even had to kneel down and 'Tebow'!

Cory

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on February 04, 2012, 02:11:33 PM
Since you're complaining so much about Tebow what's your team? I bet it's the Raiders or some team like that.

The Broncos have a young core that's only going to continue to grow. Their defense is going to be the key next season especially with losing their coordinator and most likely Brian Dawkins as well. Free agency and the draft will be the key to getting everything in order. Plus Elway is going to be working with Tebow hence why I am optimistic about the offense next season. Also they'll have Knowshon Moreno and Willis McGahee at full strength too.

Moreno is a bust, and they should cut him before they have to start paying him big money/resign. The resurgance of McGahee and a pick up in the offseason maybe a speed back is what they need

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on February 05, 2012, 01:35:51 AM
Moreno is a bust, and they should cut him before they have to start paying him big money/resign. The resurgance of McGahee and a pick up in the offseason maybe a speed back is what they need.

What they need to do is work out a deal for a young running back that compliments Tebow and have him work with McGahee as a mentor/mentee type of situation. Moreno needs a lot of work but has put up decent numbers at times. The injuries and fumbling the ball are his biggest issues.

Cory

and Injuries at running back this early in his career = deadly, add the fumbles and that calls for a trip to free agency. I see them drafting a running back in LaMichael James late or even Lamar Miller out of Miami, someone who is a speedster to compliment McGahee who had a good 3-4 years left in the league, as well as learn from the vet.

GM Franchise

Next on the agenda would be a Safety/DB to replace Dawkins and some wide receivers to help out Decker and Thomas. The more weapons the better. Or they could go the Pats route and get some TE monsters.