News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

I made out like a bandit. Street and Deane continue to get better from last season. Deane was a C- when he entered the league, he's a B now. Though based on the last news update I fear the loss of Miller will hurt his game a bit.

I did expect Massimo to get better since he had a break out season last year, so that was surprising.

Plus, I got Davies who was a definite upgrade over Apollo defensively.

Overall I have a better team than last year and perhaps the best team on paper right now.

Justin

It should definitely be a great second season.

Do we have divisions this year?

GM Franchise

Despite being weak at PF my team overall improved. Apollo, Cross, and Richards are all B level players and Rivers jumped to a  C plus. Got two solid bench guys in Day and Stream too. Overall could be worse.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Maybe Texas has the best team on paper now.

GM Franchise

Actually I think the Aces are the best team on paper. Only team with three A level players that I've seen. Bells and Wolves also look solid.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Yea but the Aces ONLY have those three players. The other 5 players suck.

GM Franchise

Are you serious? There are teams out with 3-4 D level players so they're in much better shape than you think. However I think Texas is the top team after seeing their report.

T-Bonizzle

I'd put the Aces around 3 or 4. They didn't get better. They got worse from where they were last year.

GM Franchise

Hayseeds look solid again as well.

Hondo

Mai improved and X regressed a little. Vlakov stayed mostly the same, but as long as he's scoring 20 points a game I'm not going to complain.

One thing that really surprised me was that GoGo didn't regress at all. I expected him to drop since he is the oldest on the team. So I'm pretty pleased by that.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

Well Truck ... could have been worse  that for sure .  Maverick increases so he going to be least a 20 point a game player , but that only real bright spot ... just got a team of grinders no real stand out expect for Maverick
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

I went ahead and calculated everyone's grade based on a 4.0 grading scale. The top 3 teams are very close. Some interesting things. If Virginia didn't have such a weak bench, they'd be a top 5 team. If as mentioned Vegas didn't have 3 A players, (replace one of those As with a low B) they'd be where Wyoming is. Boston and Texas have the same team on paper. Hollywood with 4 D players has the worst team.

Of course paper means nothing as Vegas had a better team last year and they got worse. Kentucky got a little worse. Texas got a little worse, Boston, Wyoming, and Seattle got better. Hollywood got worse and Puerto Rico stayed the same. Boise doesn't have a roster up, but I imagine based on first looks they'll be between Seattle and Hollywood. Maybe they'll edge out Virginia but I don't know.

Las Vegas - 2.4 Grade: B-
Boston - 2.34 Grade: B-
Texas - 2.34 Grade: B-
Wyoming - 2.25 Grade: C+
Kentucky - 2.22 Grade: C+
Puerto Rico - 2.15 Grade: C+
Seattle - 2.0 Grade: C
Virginia - 1.84 Grade: C
Hollywood - 1.62 Grade: C-

Just for reference

A+ - 4.0
A - 3.75
A- - 3.5
B+ - 3.0
B - 2.75
B- - 2.5
C+ - 2.25
C - 2.0
C- - 1.75
D+ - 1.5
D - 1.25
D- - 1.0
F+ - .75
F - .50
F- - .25

GM Franchise

That's how my team is. Sheldon Day regressed a little but Sean Rivers improved. James Cross and D'Amore Richards both improved as well.

GoGo is your secret weapon. He's like the gift that keeps on giving. Vlakov is the wild card on your bunch.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on May 27, 2012, 01:32:44 PM
Well Truck ... could have been worse  that for sure .  Maverick increases so he going to be least a 20 point a game player , but that only real bright spot ... just got a team of grinders no real stand out expect for Maverick

Think about it this way. Draft some weapons around him and you'll be good to go.

T-Bonizzle

I added the grades into my post above.

Discuss.