NFL Debate #12: Does defence still win championships?

Started by Cory, December 02, 2012, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Ive always been a big defensive guy, but defensive only wins championships in College.

Last few superbowls have been all dominated by offensive teams....last real big defense was when Giants upset the Pats.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Yes it does. A team with a weak defense will not win the Super Bowl. It can get there but not win it. Defense wins championships.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 02, 2012, 11:59:25 PM
Yes it does. A team with a weak defense will not win the Super Bowl. It can get there but not win it. Defense wins championships.

This.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Cory on December 02, 2012, 11:42:54 PM
Ive always been a big defensive guy, but defensive only wins championships in College.

Last few superbowls have been all dominated by offensive teams....last real big defense was when Giants upset the Pats.

I know last year was two big offenses and Eli had a good run but the Giants did have a great defense compared to the horrid Pats defense.

And there have been many good offenses in the super bowl lately but lets break some things down.

Packers def. Steelers (highlight would be the BJ Raji defensive touchdown).
Saints def. Colts (how about that Tracy Porter interception that went for a TD).
Steelers def. Cardinals (James Harrison anyone?)

I guess my point is that even with a good offense which you need, defense wins titles. Every one of these games I mentioned may not have had the same result without something big happening on DEFENSE! Let's go D!!!!

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 02, 2012, 11:59:25 PM

I finally agree with James on something.  ;D

Mike Powers

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Personally I think special teams win Championships...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'