News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"The Office" to Air Final Episode on May 16th

Started by Fnord, February 08, 2013, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

NBC has announced that it will air the final episode of its hit TV series "The Office" on Thursday, May 16th from 9-10pm EST. The hour-long finale will make the 200th episode of the show.

The network noticed a decline in the ratings after Steve Carell decided to leave "The Office." The Emmy-winning show played around with bringing on different celebrities, but ultimately failed to keep its audience.

NBC asked Carell to return for the final episode, but the actor declined the offer.

Source: NBC

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Hondo

I am deeply saddened to see the show ending, but all shows end.

This last season has ROCKED HARD though. Every episode has been great so far.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

I thought last season ended really strong but this season has been absolutely awful. 

I'm disappointed that Steve Carrell turned down their offer.  There is really only way to end the show and it's with Michael Scott.

Gates

I'm not shocked that they're going to stop. I figured the show should have ended when Carrell left, but I can see why they'd want to try and keep going.

This season has been lackluster. There has been great moments in it, but for the most part, the show has been a bit of a let down since Michael Scott left. Would have loved to see him come back for the finale.

Crazy Kyd

I'm not too surprised that Steve Carell doesn't want to come back, since he has a good thing going with a movie career, but it would be cool to end it with him.

I haven't seen much of the show except for the occasional rerun, but it is definitely one of my favorite types of comedy. I'll need to check it out at some point.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The UK Office was 2 seasons of about 6 episodes each and a Christmas Special.

Although I am a big fan of the US Office, it pales in comparison to the genius writing of the UK one. The story ark of the equivalent Pam and Jim (Dawn and Tim) pisses and I mean pisses on anything that the US one has done, they peaked way too early with their loving relationship if you ask me.

Also David Brent (the Michael Scott character, also seen in a cameo during one of the seasons) never really becomes a loveable character, he is always seen as a bit of a monster and arsehole that gets one good moment at the end of the Xmas special where he tells a bigger arsehole to fuck off. Further to this unlike Scott he doesnt have amazing moments as a salesman or whatever.

I am not saying by any stretch of the imagination that the US Office should have done basically the same thing. That is what makes it good is it has a stand alone product. What I will say is that it jumped way too early into the Jim and Pam thing which I felt could have been dragged out a little further. The problem is with Scott finding love, JimPam finding love (albeit in slight crisis mode) and Andy Bernard sort of being a douche over Erin. What is there to really root for in the final episodes?

Honestly, the UK Office left us on a massive cliff hanger at the end of Season 2...and then wrapped us up with a tremendous ending in the Xmas special.

To me that makes it one of the best shows ever to grace British television. It knew its limitations, it knew its cut off point and stuck to it.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Office has sucked since Carrel left, glad their putting it out of their misery.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jimmy Helmsley

Last season wasn't strong.  I think they have done great this season knowing it's the last season.  Honestly, these last few episodes without Andy have been the better of the current season.