News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Fantasy MMA Game?

Started by Cory, February 05, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Seeing if there is any interested out there to start a MMA game (similar to the FWL/Fantasy FOOTY). Id be down to run it as where the Fantasy Footy was every week, and lineups, the MMA game would be simple. Draft a roster of guys and you'll get points for their performances.

I dont know if we'd do like roster depth, but it'd be like 2 fighters per weight class, get points for wins, finishes, submissions, fight honors, ect.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

I'd be semi-interested. Would have to hear more details. This would be harder than others because of the gaps inbetween fights and whatnot.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

Yeah, id defiantly look to you guys to hammer out the details, just with the Fantasy Footy game and NFL Pick'Em done, I have a time to run a game and im always looking to try and bump activity on the MMA boards.

GM Franchise

Count me in if you do this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Duckman

Same here, if you guys can work out the details, I'll be up for playing.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Flins.

Aye, I'm also interested. The UFC is quite regular, and with all the other organisations around it, there should be plenty to pick from, but even with all the events, fighters tend to only fight a few times a year. I think the roster would have to be quite deep, or you pool all the scheduled fighters within say three months, draft them out, then intermittent drafts as we get closer to other events. That is just an idea off the top of my head. I think, we should also have a cut off on what organisations count, not to be disrespectful to a lot of the smaller organisations, but you will find a shit load of 20-0 guys in Brazil who will fight ten cans a year.

Cory

I think we'd need to find the "rotation" if you will, on how average a fighter fights, to judge just how much depth you'd need. I thought about the intermittent drafts but that'd be a lot more work, also would limit everything to just UFC for this trial run.

Im thinking off the top of my head, 5 fighters for each developed weight class (HW-FW) and maybe 2 Bantam, 2 Fly, 2 Woman?

A lot of strategy would come in to drafting a fighter who will fight more and win, as oppose to a injured/champion who may only fight once in a calendar year. We'd have to do a full year rotation, as some big names already have fought this year so we'd do March '14 to March '15.

There would be a FA pool for injured fighters, not sure how we would determine how to claim a free agent fighter, any ideas?

I was thinking if we did 8 teams, a champion fighter is the hardest, because they tend to fight the least in a calendar year, but I also feel as you should award them more points for a title fight. If we had 8 teams (excluding female division), we could do a round (snake) where everyone get theirs team captain, and you have a pool just out of current champions (may do Female if we have the draft before Lawler/Hendricks fight for WW belt), and there would be champion scoring to take place, keeping in the same realm as my fantasy FOOTY game, your captain would also get double points?

I think Id want 6-8 players and I think we could hit those numbers for sure, but we wouldn't start this until March, so lets keep brain storming this.

Basic Scoring:
Win +5pts
Loss 0pts
Draw +1pts

Outcome Scoring:
T/KO Win + 3
Submission + 3
Decision + 1
Injury/NC - 0

Bonus/Other:
Fight of the Night + 3
x2 Performance of the Night +2
New Champion +10
Cut/Suspended -5

- Would you want to add something like find the most "official" end of the year awards and give points out for like Fighter of the Year, KO of the Year, ect?

Champion Scoring (Option):
Title Fight +1
Defended Belt +5

Just brainstorming, let me know what you guys think

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

There is no longer KO and Sub of the night anymore in UFC.

UFC has changed it to two Performance of the Night awards.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on February 13, 2014, 05:54:39 AM
There is no longer KO and Sub of the night anymore in UFC.

UFC has changed it to two Performance of the Night awards.

Fixed.

Purostyle

Still don't know why UFC changed it and took Submission of the Night and Knockout of the Night away but I'm intrigued by this, keep me posted.
BUSHIDO FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP
http://bushido.boards.net/

Cory

Ok, with what information Ive collected so far, we'll try and run with this. Looking for 8 committed people. Doing a quick head count, we still need 1 more.

1. Cory
2. Fnord
3. Franchy
4. Duckman
5. Flins
6. Jon
7. Purostyle

Flins.

Who else does the predictions? I'm sure they'd be interested.

Cory

BD, TyTy and Rebel are the only ones.....TyTy is MIA

Fnord

TyTy left EFK for some unknown reasons. I'm not in until I read the rules and whatnot.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.