News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 09, 2014, 07:51:24 PM
Don't forget they don't have a 2nd rounder.

You'll get a quality WR on day three in this draft. Keenan Allen was taken in the third round and as long as you have Alex Smith, great WR isn't a need.

Justin

They will get Bruce Ellington in the third round.

Mike Powers

Quote from: JustinP on May 09, 2014, 08:58:45 PM
They will get Bruce Ellington in the third round.

You were saying?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on May 09, 2014, 08:19:41 PM
You'll get a quality WR on day three in this draft. Keenan Allen was taken in the third round and as long as you have Alex Smith, great WR isn't a need.

Mike Powers

Alex Smith needs qualified targets to throw to. With Bowe getting older, and McCluster gone, we need help in the receiving core badly. The defense was the strength of this team last year, while the offense was the drizzling shits.

Jon

Love moving up and grabnbing Jordan Matthews... he was one of my top WR's oin this class. I liked him better than Lee, Benjamin, Latimer... so very happy about that. He'll ge to see playing time for sure next season and I think he'll complement Maclin and Cooper very well.

As for Josh Huff. Fuck him. He sucks. Awful pick there. We should have grabbed a secondary player or I dunno... another LB. That was Chip being too nice to a former player.Josh would have been there in Round 4 if we really wanted him.

Hopefully we start Round 4 off good with a solid pick.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Jon on May 10, 2014, 07:36:31 AM
Love moving up and grabnbing Jordan Matthews... he was one of my top WR's oin this class. I liked him better than Lee, Benjamin, Latimer... so very happy about that. He'll ge to see playing time for sure next season and I think he'll complement Maclin and Cooper very well.

As for Josh Huff. Fuck him. He sucks. Awful pick there. We should have grabbed a secondary player or I dunno... another LB. That was Chip being too nice to a former player.Josh would have been there in Round 4 if we really wanted him.

Hopefully we start Round 4 off good with a solid pick.

My thinking is that Matthews will be opposite Cooper and Huff will be a future slot guy, possible Maclin replacement.

Doug E Fresh

I'm so happy with everything the Browns did except for the Gordon situation. I'll even settle on J Football being here but I'll give real thoughts on that later.

But...now we need receiver depth with his fuck up. Haden and Gilbert on the corners is just nasty. I really did like that pick especially getting a 1st from the Bills next year which they should likely suck again but who knows maybe they wont. Good D out there.

But then day 2 we get an OT, an OLB, and a RB. Basically trying to acquire depth at all our positions of need. I'm just glad to see that.

Mike Powers

2 more rounds down....still no WR.

Mike Powers

....and unless we trade back into the draft, we get no WR.

What. The. Fuck.

GM Franchise

Michael Sam drafted by the Rams.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: Jon on May 10, 2014, 07:36:31 AM

Litterally texted almost this identical thing to my buddy who asked me about the pick.

On Twitter I CALLED Watkins and Reynolds and their great. After coming to the assuming Philly wants Jenkins/Wolff.....which if Wolf can stay healthy can be a good pair of starting safeties....Reynolds has the measurable to be a great depth guy.

Watkins (as a Gator fan) was and is the best out of the 3 Gator corners in the draft. Purifoy and Roberson were overhyped, which Watkins consistantly would shut guys down, and is more athletically well rounder than either. Glad we got him....could see him land a starting job after camp.

I too disliked the Oregon moves. Huff is alright....but we could have attacked someone with more value here. Huff is our 4th guy, maybe 5th if Benn is healthy....we could have gone Oline to get some guard depth or a secondary player...but Im happy with Watkins and Reynolds, but again Chip may have packages already that Huff will be able to be used in day 1, so Like I said earlier Chip in his first draft did excellent aside from Barkley....so we have to assume he did a good job once more.

Love the UDFA pick up of Trey Burton, and Henry Josey, but damn there was still some defensive talent im shocked we didnt go for, ESPECIALLY the linebackers.

- SS Craig Loston (Still out there)
- CB Marcus Roberson (Still out there)
- LB Shayne Skov (Niners)
- LB Max Bullough (Texans)
- LB Christian Jones (Bears)
- LB Adrian Hubbard (Still out there)
- DT DeAndre Coleman (Jags)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Chargers signed 17 undrafted free agents including Auburn's Chris Davis who had that epic 109 yard touchdown against Alabama last season. They also got Joe Flacco's younger brother Michael. Overall I like the players they drafted. Jason Verrett is a great fit for the defense. Jeremiah Attaochu is another good fit and wanted to be a Charger before the draft started. Grice is the perfect fit for the offense since Arizona State runs the same style of offense. Reese is a speedy receiver who is a good compliment to the receiving core. Watt and Carrethers were all good fits as well.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 11, 2014, 01:50:33 PM
Chargers signed 17 undrafted free agents including Auburn's Chris Davis who had that epic 109 yard touchdown against Alabama last season. They also got Joe Flacco's younger brother Michael. Overall I like the players they drafted. Jason Verrett is a great fit for the defense. Jeremiah Attaochu is another good fit and wanted to be a Charger before the draft started. Grice is the perfect fit for the offense since Arizona State runs the same style of offense. Reese is a speedy receiver who is a good compliment to the receiving core. Watt and Carrethers were all good fits as well.

In others words..

Everybody San Diego drafted is a good fit.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on May 11, 2014, 01:52:48 PM
In others words..

Everybody San Diego drafted is a good fit.

Well they went for guys who could easily be slotted into the rotations on both offense and defense so yes. Wasn't the best draft overall, I think the Rams and Vikings had the best, but it was solid and they addressed all the areas of need with their picks.