Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on August 04, 2014, 05:36:59 PM
I'm guessing you didn't catch Bones sarcasm, lol

That was the truth, there was no sarcasm in there. Dalton is good but he ain't worth that overpaid contract they gave him.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 04, 2014, 05:58:54 PM
That was the truth, there was no sarcasm in there. Dalton is good but he ain't worth that overpaid contract they gave him.

You think the QB position is deep and any schmuck can play it?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on August 04, 2014, 06:02:21 PM
You think the QB position is deep and any schmuck can play it?

Let me put it this way. If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl at QB, ANYONE can do it.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 04, 2014, 06:08:09 PM
Let me put it this way. If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl at QB, ANYONE can do it.

Tell that to Dan Marino.

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 04, 2014, 06:08:09 PM

Then why can't Dalton?

Jon

Dilfer didn't win a Super Bowl... he just didn't lose it. The Alex Smith of todays game.

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Brother on August 04, 2014, 06:20:40 PM
Then why can't Dalton?

Dalton is 0-3 in the playoffs. He's basically Romo North.

Quote from: Jon on August 04, 2014, 06:23:39 PM
Dilfer didn't win a Super Bowl... he just didn't lose it. The Alex Smith of todays game.

So Dilfer and Alex Smith are Jeff Hostetler?

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 04, 2014, 06:44:35 PM
Dalton is 0-3 in the playoffs. He's basically Romo North.

So Dilfer and Alex Smith are Jeff Hostetler?

Hostetler was a much better postseason QB than both of them. Hostetler wasn't much a game managing QB... he often took risks not needed. But when he was finally given the chance to start at QB, he didn't do that horribly. But his most impressive stat is his postseason numbers.

Hondo

I mean, Dalton is no Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees (or even a Russell Wilson for that matter), but he's a decent QB. He puts up good numbers and all that. He just can't win the big games for whatever reason. Whether it's coaching or his own nerves, he just hasn't done it.

Even I think the Bengals overpaid somewhat, but if it's mostly incentive-laced, then it's not that big of a deal.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Quote from: JackHondo on August 04, 2014, 07:06:58 PM
I mean, Dalton is no Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees (or even a Russell Wilson for that matter), but he's a decent QB. He puts up good numbers and all that. He just can't win the big games for whatever reason. Whether it's coaching or his own nerves, he just hasn't done it.

Even I think the Bengals overpaid somewhat, but if it's mostly incentive-laced, then it's not that big of a deal.

I would like to see the incentives....wonder how much they inflate this deal?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

I don't know this for fact, because I haven't seen it for myself. But there's supposedly a bunch of escalators in the deal, like he gets more money if he wins 11+ games, or wins a playoff game, etc. But again, I say I haven't actually SEEN that, just scuttlebutt from message boards.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

The TeeJ of Philly

You know the difference between Flacco and Dalton? Dalton is a better QB, he may have not won a title, but he's a better QB. Every year since drafting Dalton, the Bengals have gotten better. Through three years of their carrers, Flacco owns one more victory as a starter than Dalton.

I could go into all the deeper stats that are on pro football reference, but it'll make it longer, Dalton is as good, if not, better than Flacco going into their respective fourth years. The Bengals could have let the season play out and have what happened to the Ravens happen to them. In a contract year, Dalton plays his ass off, leads them to a title and holds them ransom and the organization is put in a hard spot. Pay your Super Bowl winning QB what he wants, or walk away.

Flacco is over paid because he parlayed a good month of football (which you can thank Raheem Moore for a good part of it) into becoming the highest paid player in the NFL. Dalton is not because the price of an incosistent QB who leads your team to the playoffs changed drastically.

You also remember, much of that is probably back pay for playing a cheap contract, remember, Dalton, like Cam and Kaep, lead their teams to the playoffs on the first rookie contracts.

T-Bonizzle

I don't understand the hate every time a QB who isn't Brady, Manning, or Brees gets a new contract. Because those guys are available right? When you sign a QB for a long term contract, you are paying for the position, not the player.

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Brother on August 04, 2014, 08:05:22 PM
I don't understand the hate every time a QB who isn't Brady, Manning, or Brees gets a new contract. Because those guys are available right? When you sign a QB for a long term contract, you are paying for the position, not the player.

Does Mark Sanchez count as part of that?