News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Five nights at Freddys is being made into a movie.

Started by Chris Stern, April 08, 2015, 12:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Yeah, so Warner Bros has announced that they have acquired the rights to produce a horror film based on the popular indie game series "Five Nights at Freddy's". Personally I don't know how to feel about this one, if done right it could be good but it is a adaptation of a Video game so there is a high probability it will suuuucccckkkk...

But it is being handled by the same guys who are handling the IT remake so..depending on how that ends up I may have a slightly better outlook on the movie but as it stands I can't help but feel this may end up another mediocre game to film adaption made to capitalize on the popularity of the games..

source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3339289/warner-bros-making-five-nights-freddys-movie/

Black Death

like we did not see this coming ...

one problem I have how do you translate it ... because in real life ... if you happen to make through a night guarding a creepy children eatery, were the animal robotics that live there,  just happen to be coming to life and trying to kill you.  You sure the hell are not going back for night 2 ... that a job that going to  be abandon very quickly 

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on April 08, 2015, 02:08:34 AM
like we did not see this coming ...

one problem I have how do you translate it ... because in real life ... if you happen to make through a night guarding a creepy children eatery, were the animal robotics that live there,  just happen to be coming to life and trying to kill you.  You sure the hell are not going back for night 2 ... that a job that going to  be abandon very quickly
I agree which is probably why the story isn't going to be Five nights one or two but probley just your typical dead teen film or even worse a found footage film were a bunch of teens with or without cameras go to the old kiddie resturant because they heard stories of the horrid things that happened there and find themselves being stalked by the animitronics.

Stoner

I think it will be good.  It has a cool lore with quite a bit of it being open ended on how specifics went down.  I hope they don't try to force the "Five Nights" aspect of it, I think it would work better as a single night story.  I definitely want to give it an honest watch though.  Five Nights at Freddy's was the first survival game in a long while that had me truly interested in the lore beyond "zombies are attacking" or what have you.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Tezmission Black

It would be cool if they did the story of how everything began, then they wouldn't have to force the Five Nights aspect.

Gravedigger

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you...

Oh... Not that Freddy? Pass.

Stoner

Quote from: Gravedigger on April 08, 2015, 08:32:46 PM
1, 2, Freddy's coming for you...

Oh... Not that Freddy? Pass.

No, this is being based on a videogame called Five Nights at Freddy's.  IF you go to the videogames section on the forums and check out the FnaF3 thread I detail the specifics of the story between the three games, but the general premise is someone killed a bunch of kids and stuffed their bodies into a number of animatronics at a children's pizza chain(think Chuck E. Cheese's) and now those animatronics are haunted by the souls of the kids and try to kill people.  Specifically adult males.

The game has a bunch of jump scares, so expect that in the movie.  The story is a LOT more in-depth than what I put there, so again you can check the other thread if you want.  I'm pretty excited though because its the first movie in a while that seeks to scare me without being traditional horror movie fare.  I mean there is the movie "Clown" but I'm pretty sure the entire premise of that movie was lifted from an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force called "The Clowning" so I can't take it seriously.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on April 09, 2015, 01:31:00 PM

No, this is being based on a videogame called Five Nights at Freddy's.  IF you go to the videogames section on the forums and check out the FnaF3 thread I detail the specifics of the story between the three games, but the general premise is someone killed a bunch of kids and stuffed their bodies into a number of animatronics at a children's pizza chain(think Chuck E. Cheese's) and now those animatronics are haunted by the souls of the kids and try to kill people.  Specifically adult males.

The game has a bunch of jump scares, so expect that in the movie.  The story is a LOT more in-depth than what I put there, so again you can check the other thread if you want.  I'm pretty excited though because its the first movie in a while that seeks to scare me without being traditional horror movie fare.  I mean there is the movie "Clown" but I'm pretty sure the entire premise of that movie was lifted from an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force called "The Clowning" so I can't take it seriously.

I totally forgot about that episode, seriously I was thinking Eli Roth was just ripping off the fake Grindhouse trailer for Curse of the Were-Clown. I was going to post the trailer but the people behind it made it private now since Eli Roth's Clown is nearing release.

Shame too it was a funny fake trailer with the vicitim of the curse acting like a slap sticky clown killing people with Rubber chickens, oversize explosives and hell ends up in a fight with half naked female french mimes and honestly based on it, seems it would of made for a better film then Eli Roth film.