News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"Man of Steel"

Started by Fnord, April 23, 2013, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

New "Man of Steel" Magazine Covers Show Superman and General Zod

Empire magazine just unveiled a look at the covers for its latest issue, featuring shots of Henry Cavill as Superman and Michael Shannon as General Zod from the upcoming "Man of Steel" movie. Check out the covers below, in addition to a new photo from the film.

In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

The new movie is directed by Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300) and produced by Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight). It's set to hit theaters on June 14th.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Emily Corlen

I gotta admit, I wasn't too excited about this one when it was announced.  I'm not a big Superman fan, and have never seen any of the other Superman movies (not the Routh one or any of the Reeves ones).  But... the trailers have sold me on it.  I get a definite Dark Knight vibe and that's a good thing.  Let's just hope the movie itself lives up to the hype.

GM Franchise

I agree. Hopefully the movie is as good as the trailers are.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Chris Shields

I'm a big Superman fan (especially the Christopher Reeves movies), and I was really disappointed with the last one. It was a Superman movie that had Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor, there should have been know way to make it crap, but they somehow found a way. This new one though, it's got me excited. It certainly looks like it's a little bit darker, and as long as they don't try to go too dark, that can be a good thing. I think the biggest complaint about Superman is that he's always been too much of a 'boy scout', and this looks to be a little bit different than that. The big deal is still keeping that morality to him, keeping that he always does what is right, while at the same time still making the character relatable.

Stoner

What I'm thinking is gonna happen is the government will think he is too powerful to just let exist willy nilly, and in order to prove that he has humanity's best interests at heart he allows himself to be taken into custody, while Zod goes on a rampage and kills things.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

Warner Bros Wants "Man of Steel 2" in Theaters Next Year

The initial plan was to release "Justice League" during the summer of 2015, but Warner Bros had trouble figuring out what it wanted to do with its DC superheroes, finally deciding to focus on "Man of Steel" first. As well as its potential sequel.

The new Superman movie has now opened to almost $200 million at the worldwide box office, plus it earned over $160 million in cross-promotions and product placements. And of course, there's the billions of dollars that the studio will earn from Superman merchandise.

In other words, the film is a hit. This is why Warner Bros is fast-tracking the sequel. And according to the Wall Street Journal, the studio wants "Man of Steel 2" in theaters as early as 2014. In addition, "Justice League" may just keep its original release date. The newspaper says Warner Bros is already developing "Justice League" for 2015.

Source: WSJ

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Crazy Kyd

2015 seems way too soon for Justice League.

Kirk

If they rush the films out like that, they will be crap. If they aren't going to use Nolan's Batman, they will need to introduce a new one before the Justice League or it won't be the epic event that the Avengers was. It seems to me that DC saw everything that made the Marvel movies successful and decided to do the opposite.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Fnord

Zack Snyder Explains Controversial "Man of Steel" Ending

General Zod proved to be a powerful foe in "Man of Steel." So powerful that Superman was forced to do something that many fans are now complaining about. But according to director Zack Snyder, it was important for that scene to happen.

[spoiler]In the scene, Zod unleashed his heat vision while Superman placed him in a choke hold. After a long battle, Superman realized that he can do very little to stop Zod. But when Zod targeted a family with his heat vision, Superman was forced to summon all his strength and break Zod's neck. But doesn't Superman have a rule not to kill?

"David [S. Goyer], Chris [Nolan] and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him," said Snyder. "The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained. I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do." [/spoiler]

Source: The Playlist

Pft!  Bah! 

Crazy Kyd

The still should have developed it more.

Maybe Superman will be emotional due to his actions in the 2nd movie. All Henry Cavill will have to do is cry and yell.  :-\