News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Future of EFK and MFX - ALL READ.

Started by Duckman, October 23, 2014, 08:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

You know I'll be around wherever the forums are.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Duckman

Thanks for all the supportive and positive comments folks!  Really appreciate that.

I was worried there'd be a riot!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Quote from: Duckman on October 23, 2014, 12:46:57 PM
Personally, I'd like to keep the history of the boards we keep, but prune out all the ewrestling references, so that new people who sign up aren't put off by it being forums that relate to ewrestling.

THIS, would suck to lose all the history from over the years.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Goldferg

but.... my precious, precious post count though!

:P

You bet your ass I'll be following you guys.

... the new site has a bar, right?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Gates

Totally understand the reason and everything and will definitely follow wherever it goes.

Hondo

Totally understand wanting to get away from the efed stuff. Efedding is mostly a dead art form these days anyway. But I'll be 100% honest. It would SUCK to lose some of the history we've built here. If there were a way to preserve the old posts, etc. and prune away the efedding sections, then I don't see any issue. If it's a clean slate sort of thing, that's gonna be a little on the rough side. A lot of cool stuff has happened over the years, it'd be a shame to see it all go.

But you guys know me. I'll be wherever you guys are.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

I agree that (if possible) keeping the history is vastly preferable. I know I find myself reading through old mafia games from time to time (just re-read NXT Mafia....what a game that was!).

Duckman

Quote from: Goldferg on October 23, 2014, 02:14:18 PM

... the new site has a bar, right?

It's called The Goldferg Lounge in honour of you buddy! :)
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 23, 2014, 03:12:18 PM
I agree that (if possible) keeping the history is vastly preferable.

I'm looking into a few options.  If we moved these forums over to MFX and made them read only with no signups, would that work for you guys?  Basically only the people who needed it would have the link as it wouldn't be advertised.

We'd have our shiny new MFX forums with shiny new post counts and sections, and a legacy, archived, read only EFK board that only veterans would know about.

Kieran King

I started coming to this site regularly after I had finished ewrestling anyway, so it's no fuss for me.

T-Bonizzle

Fnord

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 23, 2014, 03:12:18 PM
I agree that (if possible) keeping the history is vastly preferable. I know I find myself reading through old mafia games from time to time (just re-read NXT Mafia....what a game that was!).

That game will go down as my best game EVER! lol That WAS a fun game.

I'm cool with moving to a new place as long as FWL, me posting wrestling rumors, mafia, fantasy football and the WWE prediction game stay alive! That's really all I do here! lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

GM Jimmy Gooch

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on October 23, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
It makes sense.  I don't come here for anything e-fedding related but for the community of folks that I've come to know over the last 3-4 years.  I'll go where the community goes.

Also, hats off to you guys for putting so much hard work here. 

Mike Powers

Quote from: Judge on October 23, 2014, 06:42:18 PM
I'm looking into a few options.  If we moved these forums over to MFX and made them read only with no signups, would that work for you guys?  Basically only the people who needed it would have the link as it wouldn't be advertised.

We'd have our shiny new MFX forums with shiny new post counts and sections, and a legacy, archived, read only EFK board that only veterans would know about.

I'd be cool with that.