News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Amazing Spiderman" Sequel

Started by Fnord, January 31, 2013, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Jamie Foxx (Django Unchained) is already playing the villainous Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel. And now comes word that Paul Giamatti is in talks to join the new movie as the villain known as The Rhino.

The Rhino first appeared in 1996 and is an alter-ego of Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich. He's a former low-key thug, but an experiment grafted a nearly-indestructible polymer to Aleksei's skin, making him nearly unstoppable.

"I thought Rhino was the greatest thing when I was a little kid," Giamatti said back in 2011. "It was a guy who was basically in this rhinoceros outfit and I always thought, 'Why don't they have The Rhino in one of their movies?' But maybe The Rhino wasn't that big of a deal for anybody but me... If they ever go with The Rhino I would be ready and waiting."

Meanwhile, Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) is also in talks to join the cast. Her role has yet to be revealed.

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is once again directed by Marc Webb and is set to begin filming in February. It's set to hit theaters on May 2nd, 2014.

Source: THR

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Alex Smiley

Rhino was definitely one of my favorite Spidey villians from the cartoons. I'm excited for this.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

Black Death

I have no problem with this

also Felicity Jones, color that girl hair red and you got mary jane  watson
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Crazy Kyd

I'm not totally sure about this to be honest but it does sound a little promising.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I thought the first one fucking sucked balls. Rebooted to bullshit if you ask me.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

DXFan27

I'm glad that Electro is there, always loved him. Rhino could have been replaced by Mysterio, he needs to be in a movie.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Trumpers on February 03, 2013, 09:40:53 AM
I thought the first one fucking sucked balls. Rebooted to bullshit if you ask me.

I'm with ya. Hate to be a hater but they didn't even use the line "With great power comes great responsibility." in the last one. Totally rehashed as shit. Hope the next one is better.

Fnord

Marc Webb updated his Twitter account with news that "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel has officially started shooting. The director posted a photo of one of the camera operators, showing that part of the movie will be recorded on film. The first movie was shot digitally on the RED Epic cameras.

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2," which will hit theaters on May 2nd, 2014, likely picks up where the first film left off. It will bring back Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. The new additions include Jamie Foxx as Electro, Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) as Mary Jane Watson, Dane DeHaan (Chronicle) as Harry Osborn, Paul Giamatti as Rhino and Felicity Jones in an unnamed role.

The first movie was released in July, 2012 and went on to gross $752 million worldwide on a $230 million budget. It has a 73% fresh rating on RottenTomatoes.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is now in its third day of production that's taking place in New York. And now, Columbia Pictures has unveiled the official plot synopsis for the film.

Plot: For Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone). High school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The studio also confirmed that Sally Field will return as Aunt May, while Paul Giamatti and Colm Feore (The Chronicles of Riddick) have been added to the cast. Giamatti has been rumored to play The Rhino.

Source: Columbia Pictures

Fnord

Director Marc Webb is done with the third day of shooting "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel. And just like during the previous two days, he once again unveiled a new photo from the New York set.

The photo shows what looks like a morgue locker with a number 14, but many believe that it's a hint that Venom will appear in the movie. The second photo that Webb revealed showed Oscorp and fans of "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics know that Peter Parker and Eddie Brock discover the experiment known as Venom in a similar-looking locker at Oscorp (see below). That locker was also number 14.

Plus, Webb added a caption with the photo, which states "Day 3. #happybirthday." It's possible that the director was wishing a happy birthday to Venom, since the character first appeared in the April 1988 issue of "The Amazing Spider-Man." But since Marvel comics hit stands two months earlier, February 2013 is actually the 25th anniversary of the villain.

Or, "Happy Birthday" is actually meant for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" actor Dane DeHaan, who plays Harry Osborn and whose birthday is on February 6th. Is it possible that Harry Osborn will become Venom?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Harry Osborn as Venom ...oh fuck that

I gave the first movie a past ... but hell no
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

The problem with Venom in SM3 was that they wanted Eddie Brock to parallel Parker too much.  They did everything short of casting Donnie Darko to make him as close to Peter as they could, when that isn't how it worked in the comics.  I STILL say I had a better idea for SM3 than they did, and it still would have made use of Venom and Harry Osborne/Green Goblin.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM