Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Amazing Spiderman" Sequel

Started by Fnord, January 31, 2013, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Director Marc Webb has completed the fourth day of filming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2." And just like every day before it, he has unveiled a new set photo, with a caption that states: "Day 4 #Dramamine."

Dramamine is a motion-sickness drug, which likely means Webb was shooting an action sequence. Looking at the device on screen, it's difficult not to imagine the rotating hallway scene from "Inception."

It's also possible that the scene was Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) just doing a little swinging around. That can be enough to cause motion-sickness. Check out the photo below and let us know what you think is going on there.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

All I am saying is if I am being rebooted then it needs to be good.

For example I was massively against the Batman franchise being rebooted (need not apply to tell me that its not a reboot if based on a different perspective of comicland or whatever) and low and behold I was completely fucking wrong as all three movies are three of my favourite alltime movies. It was hard for me to accept because the first two Batmans specifically with Keaton I thought were great and I dont think anyone can really fault the performances of Jack as the Joker, Michelle as Catwoman and Michael as Batman/Wayne. As soon as two Clooney and Val got involved in the follow ups and Tim Burton was no longer directing it went to shit. We all know that. But as stated I was still against it and some of the casting decisions and I could not be more wrong.

Given there is a smaller time difference between the McGwire Spidermans and the Garfield ones I couldnt see the point of a reboot unless and I mean unless...it does something to set itself apart from the Toby ones. Simple answer it did fuck all. I found the first installment completely and utterly shit. I found Garfield as a weak version of Peter Parker in comparison to McGwire because he came off too cool. I always felt that Spiderman's alterego needs to find his 'cool' over a few movies due to basically realizing he isnt a nerd anymore. But the major thing is it did nothing to tell me a different story and why I should disregard the franchise in that respect. Heck even the new Hulk gave me a reason to disregard Ang Lee's version.

I dont know why everyone is getting so hyped up about this Spiderman. It was shockingly bad the first time around. In comparison however the artwork and apperance of the Superman reboot has me casually interested given the let down of recent attempts on Superman and I feel enough time has passed to come back to telling a Superman story (RIP Christopher Reeve) over a few movies.

Spiderman...enough time hasnt passed and their first attempt was a giant load of camel bollocks.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Fnord

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is currently filming in New York, and we now have a few more details about the upcoming sequel, which is set to hit theaters on May 2nd, 2014.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

* Back in December, Sony Pictures put out a casting call looking for extras to portray family and friends at a funeral. Now comes word that a funeral scene was being filmed at the Lutheran Cemetery in Queens.

* Felicity Jones has now been confirmed to be part of the cast. While it has yet to be revealed which role she'll play, CBM says that she may have been cast as Black Cat, who is both a hero and villain in the comics, similar to Catwoman in the Batman franchise.

* Director Marc Webb has been revealing daily set photos. And today, he posted a tease of the new Spider-Man costume. At least we believe it's Spider-Man's. All he wrote was "#TheBetterToSeeYouWith." In November, Webb said that Spidey's costume will be updated, promising "bigger eyes" and "gnarly web shooters." Check out the photo below.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

First Look: Jamie Foxx as Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"

Today we have the first photos of Jamie Foxx (Django Unchained) as the villainous Electro from the set of the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel. The photos show the actor in blue make-up and dirty clothing as he stumbles through the streets. Check everything out below.

Plot: For Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone). High school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The new movie is set directed by Marc Webb (The Amazing Spider-Man) and is set to hit theaters on May 2nd, 2014.

Stoner

Jamie Foxx looks totally fucking SICK as Electro.  Even more pumped now, I hope he brings his A-Game for this role.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

He does look pretty cool, but where are the yellow lightening bolts coming off of his head?!

Stoner

That's like asking where Bane's luchadore mask was dude.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

GM Franchise

He looks like a mix of Emperor Palpatine, Mr. Freeze, and one of the mutant vampiric entities from Omega Man.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Fnord

First Look at Paul Giamatti as The Rhino in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"

We've already seen shots of Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) as the villains from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," and today, director Marc Webb has unveiled the first photo of Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich (aka The Rhino). Check out the photo below.

Plot: For Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone). High school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The new movie is set directed by Marc Webb (The Amazing Spider-Man) and is set to hit theaters on May 2nd, 2014.

Fnord

jagilki

Why is spiderman and Rhino fighting over a Shake Weight?

Alex Smiley

It's a canister of the Ninja Turtle ooze.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kirk

Look Spidey pulled his trousers down and he's wearing silly underwear. Hahaha...

If I had any thoughts about watching this film when it comes out, they have just been firmly removed from my head.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

J Vega

Paul Giamatti is a good actor, but him as Rhino, I dont know...............