Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WWE 2K14

Started by Fnord, February 20, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Quote from: Crazy Kyd on June 10, 2013, 08:21:13 PM
I agree with everything here.

One thing that would be cool for career mode would be something like in the NBA games when you select your answer to a question at a press conference. After every match or so, it would be cool if that concept would be a determining factor of turning or staying a face or heel. If there would be storylines in the career mode, it would be cool if those choices would change the way how certain storylines go.

I REALLY like this idea, but I don't think it should be after every match. Have them after particularly important matches and the questions be different depending on if you win or lose the match.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

You know what I'd like, a rotating roster update. Like in the NFL with Madden and other sports games, I want to go online and update the roster for anyone that pops up after the game has been put out.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Stoner

Quote from: Fnord on June 10, 2013, 10:01:22 PM
You know what I'd like, a rotating roster update. Like in the NFL with Madden and other sports games, I want to go online and update the roster for anyone that pops up after the game has been put out.

I don't play sports games, I was unaware this was even a thing.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

jagilki

A football/baseball game doing roster updates is completely different than a fighting/wrestling/boxing/ufc game doing so. 

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Stonerman on June 10, 2013, 09:58:57 PM
I REALLY like this idea, but I don't think it should be after every match. Have them after particularly important matches and the questions be different depending on if you win or lose the match.

That is actually a much better idea.

I would LOVE that but I don't see that happening.

Dorling

You couldn't do it with all the motion capture and what not. It's a bit easier for sports games where the individuals are more generic.

GM Franchise

As long as Shield and the Wyatt Family are in the game I'll be happy.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Even though I haven't watched wrestling in a decade, I think I might get this game just because 2K is making it.

GM Franchise

I'm really optimistic about this game. 2k is going to take the WWE games to the next level if their other sports games are any indication.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

jagilki

It's going to be published by 2K, still developed by Yukes.

I'm more interested in what 2K does with the next game.

Fnord

- 2K today announced an original cover artwork contest for WWE 2K14. Here is their full press release:

2K Announces Original Cover Artwork Contest for WWE® 2K14

Consumers presented with opportunity to create original designs featuring popular WWE Superstars and Divas

Winning design to be included with WWE 2K14 retail copies

New York, NY – June 24, 2013 – 2K today announced a new contest giving the WWE Universe a unique opportunity to design its own WWE® 2K14 video game cover artwork. WWE Superstar The Rock® is confirmed as the game's official cover Superstar, but for the first time, 2K is giving consumers the ability to create their own designs for the chance to appear exclusively on the inside of game copies at retail outlets.

Whether consumers opt for designs featuring the likes of WWE Superstars John Cena®, CM Punk®, Dolph Ziggler® or Ryback™, the decision is now in their hands. Participants will go online to wwe.2k.com/covercontest and choose from a wide variety of images featuring WWE Superstars and Divas, as well as iconic 2K livery, to enhance their designs. The winning cover artwork will be selected on creative merit and included with copies of WWE 2K14 at retail, as well as featured by 2K in social media and official promotions.

To submit contest entries, consumers will use Twitter to promote their images, with the hashtag #WWE2K14Cover included in their tweets. No purchase necessary. Currently open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., at least 18 years of age. Contest ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July, 23, 2013. Void where prohibited. Subject to the official rules, located at wwe.2k.com/covercontest. A similar contest is also planned for Europe, with details to follow in the coming weeks.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0624/563643/help-design-the-wwe-2k14-cover/#ixzz2X9ouy9pQ

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Stoner

WWE 2K14 debut trailer -- "Become Immortal" (Official)

[spoiler=WWE Legend]MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE MOTHERFUCKERS![/spoiler]

Strike

Quote from: Stonerman on June 25, 2013, 10:05:08 AM
WWE 2K14 debut trailer -- "Become Immortal" (Official)

[spoiler=WWE Legend]MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE MOTHERFUCKERS![/spoiler]

[spoiler]OOOOOOH YEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH DIG IT~![/spoiler]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on June 25, 2013, 07:00:28 PM
[spoiler]OOOOOOH YEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH DIG IT~![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm getting this for Macho Man alone. I have his old school purple T-shirt with the glasses on it if that tells you anything. Really excited for this.[/spoiler]

Jon Tees

Hopefully those random and often times annoying glitches from 2013 will not be returning.  One of the most annoying is booking you against the same opponent week after week, show after show and even though you dominate them every time you elect to simulate the match once and end up losing to them. You can change this yourself by selecting another opponent  but by default you'll only be booked against the person the game wants you to face over and over again.  Or how about the person who isn't a champion and has nothing to do with you coming out during your match and being addressed as "champ."  or being on the "outs" with someone you only teamed with once as though you've been teaming together for quite a while. They'll randomly team you with someone even though you are already part of a team and then this person will turn on you or vice versa with that being the end of everything. No follow up matches or anything.

Or how about randomly teaming with someone winning your match and being attacked by the tag team champions afterwards with the announcers referring to your team as "The number one contenders." How would you be number one contenders if you never previously teamed with the person? Just doesn't make sense. It also gets dropped and you and this person never team again even though you are supposedly in a feud with the tag champions over the titles.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com