Rumble Fallout (changed the name since the thread has become that)

Started by Gary, January 29, 2011, 04:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: The Franchise on January 31, 2011, 09:07:37 PM
FUCK THAT FUCKING LEPRECHAUN! The best moment of the match (besides Santino and Diesel) was when Sheamus kicked that ltitle gnome out of the ring.

This.

Tezmission Black

I was looking over the list of comfired wrestlers and Primo was on every one of them. Was he even in the match?

Also I marked when it was Daniel Bryan, Punk, and Regel in the ring.

Fnord

Quote from: Allister Black on February 02, 2011, 11:25:26 AM
I was looking over the list of comfired wrestlers and Primo was on every one of them. Was he even in the match?

Also I marked when it was Daniel Bryan, Punk, and Regel in the ring.

Yeah, the three of them were awesome together.  And there was even another European Uppercut battle!  Primo wasn't in it as far as I can remember.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

I truly think and was talking about this on the SB with Rob and Sam earlier, that the biggest mistake and the moment the entire rumble changed from Awesome to meh, was the CM Punk and Nexus elimination. Cm Punk should've been a final four and even if he wasnt, and they wanted to do the whole eliminate them all at the same time they should've had Orton do it. Clearly by the time the rumble match came along Punk had moved from Cena to Orton..and seeing as Orton even made an appearance in the rumble why not have him do the superman act instead of Cena? Cena gained nothing and Punk got..well punked and he isn't gonna get his heat back because Cena is moving on to Miz and Punk onto Orton it was crap crap booking. WWE has lately taken 2 steps forward with the youth movement but 3 steps back in how they book them. They had a great newcomer heel, who looked, talked and even worked like a main eventer in Wade Barret. He made the entire Nexus thing credible..instead he got turned into a bitch by Cena for 6 months. Miz as Sam pointed out got a reduced reaction compared to what he was getting a month ago, and he NEEDED a clean win over Randy Orton if that was their blow off match..instead he needed Punks help, and I am fearful that at EC he's going to cheat to beat Lawler as well.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Tezmission Black

I really thought they'd put Wade over ADR, this year I  had no clear cut winner in mind.

GM Franchise

I picked CM Punk to win with my second choice and dark horse pick being Alberto Del Rio. I was right about what would happen except I had the two flip-flopped as far as what happened in the match goes. Punk was in the longest and had the most eliminations but Del Rio won.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Drama Queen

Quote from: Gary on February 02, 2011, 03:36:00 PM
I truly think and was talking about this on the SB with Rob and Sam earlier, that the biggest mistake and the moment the entire rumble changed from Awesome to meh, was the CM Punk and Nexus elimination. Cm Punk should've been a final four and even if he wasnt, and they wanted to do the whole eliminate them all at the same time they should've had Orton do it. Clearly by the time the rumble match came along Punk had moved from Cena to Orton..and seeing as Orton even made an appearance in the rumble why not have him do the superman act instead of Cena? Cena gained nothing and Punk got..well punked and he isn't gonna get his heat back because Cena is moving on to Miz and Punk onto Orton it was crap crap booking. WWE has lately taken 2 steps forward with the youth movement but 3 steps back in how they book them. They had a great newcomer heel, who looked, talked and even worked like a main eventer in Wade Barret. He made the entire Nexus thing credible..instead he got turned into a bitch by Cena for 6 months. Miz as Sam pointed out got a reduced reaction compared to what he was getting a month ago, and he NEEDED a clean win over Randy Orton if that was their blow off match..instead he needed Punks help, and I am fearful that at EC he's going to cheat to beat Lawler as well.

Yeah the whole Cena eliminating Nexus left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I was not crazy about Del Rio winning for the simple fact it does not get me excited about Wrestlemania, but this was a minor annoyance compared to the Cena thing.

They could have had Cena wait on the entrance ramp for back-up... he would have looked intelligent and the Nexus would have saved face. The Nexus could have seen what was happening and leave the ring (under the ropes of course) to come out and try to drag him in... this would have easily have killed 180 seconds in which two people could have come out and aligned themselves with Cena.

I was annoyed and Ziggler and Orton re-entering, especially when I was hoping Tarver or Sheffield would be in... it is possible they are not ready to return to action yet, I don't know.

Kieran King

Quote from: Drama Queen on February 02, 2011, 06:46:21 PM
They could have had Cena wait on the entrance ramp for back-up... he would have looked intelligent and the Nexus would have saved face. The Nexus could have seen what was happening and leave the ring (under the ropes of course) to come out and try to drag him in... this would have easily have killed 180 seconds in which two people could have come out and aligned themselves with Cena.

I like this. And then imagine if they had swapped Cena and Booker's places around. Cena comes in at number 21, waits on the ramp, maybe even talks a bit until Nexus comes down to fight him. "CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA?". Then Cena and Booker combine to beat Nexus all the way back to the ring, and then out of it. Would've been much more entertaining than seeing Cena team with fucking Hornswoggle.

I will say this, as much as I like Nexus, and to start with the whole mobbing everyone entertained me, it should've been ended earlier. It got annoying seeing nobody stand a chance. Pretty much shoved down our throats just how invincible Cena is, because nobody else stood a chance, but he took down everyone in a minute and a half.

Gary

There is a term in animation called the "3 times rule" its when you see something happen twice and then third time something happens. Its what WWE should've done, have 2 guys get eliminated then the third guy should've done it.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Gary on February 02, 2011, 09:47:13 PM
There is a term in animation called the "3 times rule" its when you see something happen twice and then third time something happens. Its what WWE should've done, have 2 guys get eliminated then the third guy should've done it.

Like sleeperholds back in the day... somehow there is enough energy for the hand not to drop on the third attempt :D

GM Franchise

The only bad part of the match was when Cena, Hornswaggle, and Kofi formed the DC Comics Holy Trinity to take on the other wrestlers. If it wasn't for Cena eliminating the New Nexus and teaming up with that Leprechaun troll creature I'd have no issues with this Rumble. However it led to Sheamus becoming my new favorite wrestler just for doing this...

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Goldferg

So I don't really follow the 'E anymore, but having watched the Rumble, i can kinda agree with the whole super-Cena thing. If, as had been mentioned, he'd waited for backup and together they'd cleaned house, that'd have been more acceptable. If he'd merely run in and managed to survive until the next person came in, maybe ebven managing to eliminate one in the process, also fine.

But yeah, based on what i pieced together of what's been going on from the commentary, there should've been a propper punk/barrett showdown.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.