News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012 Survivor Series

Started by Fnord, November 05, 2012, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

- WWE officials are now considering adding another traditional elimination Survivor Series match to the Survivor Series pay-per-view later this month. With Team Punk vs. Team Foley featuring top stars, the second match will likely feature midcarders.

I think that'd be a great idea!  I love Survivor Series matches. 

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

J-Reb

Absolutely.  It's something different, which is what the WWE needs desperately.  Every PPV has been the same lately and Survivor Series gives them a chance to highlight a few guys that wouldn't necessarily be on the show.

Hondo

I still say just do the whole event in SS-type matches.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Fnord

I guess that COULD be a possibility, but I don't think they have enough superstars to do that. 

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

J-Reb

Quote from: Fnord on November 05, 2012, 01:22:20 PM
I guess that COULD be a possibility, but I don't think they have enough superstars to do that.

They could just as easily pull some guys up from NXT and give them a shot.  If anything, it would be good filler, and maybe even produce a few new superstars ready to be pulled up.

Hondo

To have four other 4 vs 4 SS matches, you'd need 32 other wrestlers. That's not impossible at all, considering you have NXT guys and Legends who could come up and work at match. And truth be told, I'd mark for a Legends vs Current guys match.

I'd pay for a Slater/Mahal/McIntyre/Insert someone here vs. Vader/Vicious/Rikishi/Animal match.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

Quote from: JackHondo on November 05, 2012, 01:56:44 PM
To have four other 4 vs 4 SS matches, you'd need 32 other wrestlers. That's not impossible at all, considering you have NXT guys and Legends who could come up and work at match. And truth be told, I'd mark for a Legends vs Current guys match.

I'd pay for a Slater/Mahal/McIntyre/Insert someone here vs. Vader/Vicious/Rikishi/Animal match.

That match books itself.  It gives "upstarts" some TV time with an actual purpose - and you have many, many people who'd love nothing more to watch them get their rears handed to them.

It makes too much sense for WWE to consider.

T-Bonizzle

Hell how about a 3 on 3 with 3MB vs. the legends who spent WM season beating Heath Slater up?

Not every match has to be 5 on 5...

Hondo

That was a 4 vs 4 scenario.

And here's how to fill the 3MB team's 4th position. Vince can thank me for the idea later.

Vader & Co. come out and are awaiting 3MB. They come out and stop halfway up the ramp and talk about going out and finding a fourth member of the band. Someone who can rock just as hard as they can and take care of business in the ring too.

Then the Honky Tonk Man's music hits.

Mike Powers

I always liked the idea (I think it was used in an early SS event) of having all the survivors come out for a battle royal, to get the true survivor of the series.

Hondo

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 05, 2012, 05:13:38 PM
I always liked the idea (I think it was used in an early SS event) of having all the survivors come out for a battle royal, to get the true survivor of the series.

Yeah, it was Hogan, Warrior and Tito Santana vs. About five or so heels (not remembering who, DiBiase was one them maybe?). Hogan and Warrior won I believe.

Midas

Quote from: JackHondo on November 05, 2012, 04:53:12 PM
That was a 4 vs 4 scenario.

And here's how to fill the 3MB team's 4th position. Vince can thank me for the idea later.

Vader & Co. come out and are awaiting 3MB. They come out and stop halfway up the ramp and talk about going out and finding a fourth member of the band. Someone who can rock just as hard as they can and take care of business in the ring too.

Then the Honky Tonk Man's music hits.

Fucking great idea...

I personally was hoping they would do do the old school SS...I would buy that in a heart beat...

GM Franchise

They just need to go old school and have 4 vs. 4 matches to fill the show with maybe one or two title matches. Old school SS was MUCH more interesting to me thna the modern stuff.

Quote from: JackHondo on November 05, 2012, 08:28:24 PM
Yeah, it was Hogan, Warrior and Tito Santana vs. About five or so heels (not remembering who, DiBiase was one them maybe?). Hogan and Warrior won I believe.

Yes that was from 1990, the first ppv I ever saw live.

Quote from: Mike Powers on November 05, 2012, 05:13:38 PM

It was  face survivors vs. heel survivors. The match ended up being Warrior, Hogan, and Tito Santana vs. Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, Warlord, and Power and Glory.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Well, battle royal finale is better. :D

GM Franchise

They just had to go and ruin the Survivor Series match to get in the stupid Triple Threat match they should be saving for TLC. smh What a joke. Why make a main event match like that and change it a week later? It makes no sense. Match was fine as it was now they've messed it up now. What a joke.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible