News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Fuck List

Started by Gary, June 30, 2010, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldferg

So... just found out that they're closing the team I work on at the end of July.

Yay.  :'(
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Goldferg

Just found out the gig I was supposed to be at tonight was actually yesterday and I am a moron who can't read dates. FML
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

jagilki

Next you'll tell us, you just found out you accidentally dropped your stash in Roman's lunch.

Duckman

Got home from work last night to find water pissing out the loft and light fixtures.  Damn water tank sprang a leak.

Luckily landlord and plumber came round really quickly and got it sorted. 

Damage wasn't too bad, carpets on the landing are soaked and there's some water staining on the walls and roof in the living room, but that should dry out and be able to re-painted.

Got to get a load of new towels though as they got soaked and stink now. 

Then this morning I had no hot water for a shower or any hot water in the taps, so had to go to work without a shower.

Then I nearly missed my bus and had to sprint for it and bang on the side as it was pulling away.  Thankfully I know the bus driver and he stopped and let me on.

Oh and we voted to leave the EU!

So yeah, last 24 hours have sucked.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

fucking  century link ,  so I get my new modem for my Internet on thurs ... hook everything up , no internet , call tech support, open a repair ticket , has tech schedule for Friday , at work all day , so have my neighbor ready to open the door for tech once he calls me let me know he on his way , I get no call all day , I get home , call up tech support ask about why tech did not show up , reason could not reach me , but I got no call all day , so have to re-schedule for Monday ... Bull shit excuse , more than likely tech went over on a job and could not fit me in , could least told me , I have not problem if things are busy , call would be nice ,  so have to wait until Monday before can get back online full time
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Drama Queen

Frustrating. But I'm very glad things have been looking up for you lately BD, you deserve it.

Cory

What the fuck, France cant catch a break. 2016 looking like it'll rival 2001 in terms of terror attacks from all over europe to what happened in Texas.

So sad man, fuck.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Fuck radical extremist terrorist scumbags.

Quote from: Cory on July 14, 2016, 10:31:56 PM
What the fuck, France cant catch a break. 2016 looking like it'll rival 2001 in terms of terror attacks from all over europe to what happened in Texas.

So sad man, fuck.

Don't forget about Orlando, Brussels, Baghdad, Ataturk, and Bangladesh.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Was Orlando not a confused religious man unsure and angry about his sexuality?

It wasn't an organised terrorist attack in the same vein as the others you mentioned.

Cory

plus to sound as cold and heartless at possible, i'm only really taken back when it's an attack in the West, perhaps because its similar to where I live and its far more relatable.....attacks in the middle east and Africa are in areas that are constantly facing oppression, direct wars with rival countries be in ISIS or Boko Haram. I'd never claim one was more significant than the other but in terms of hitting home, its attacks on Western countries.

And France, it's the 3rd one (Hebdo, Paris, and this).

It's such a fucking weird time. In Canada we've let I think almost 30,000 Syrian refugees in and I don't know how to feel. I'm certainly not as well informed as some, but I'm not completely left in the dark either.

On one side you see that the VAST majority of Syrian refugees are just honest people not wanting to live in a shithole of a country and in constant fear whether they'll get murdered or not, I take pride in my country being one of the safest on Earth and see no reason why in a place with so much land and little inhabiters we're perfect. Get the Syrians in, get them employed and paying taxes to help the economy and in turn expect them to be grateful and outstanding citizens.

...and then on the other hand there's fear that of the 30,000 it only takes a small handful to destroy everything. You've seen attacks in the more multicultural countries like France and Belgium that are absolutely horrific, you've seen the rise in rapes in Sweden and Germany.

The actions of the very select few installs a prejudice towards people who 98% just want a better life and I can say I've never been completely on board with Canada's Syrian immigration plan because of these tragedies. On one hand I want to extend my hand and help these people and on the other I want to say fuck you and you're stoneage way of thinking...I hope the Government sticks you up north in the snow in Nunavut or something.

I guess the bottom line is to let them in fearlessly and trust the scanning process, because if you live in fear, ISIS wins.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Cory on July 15, 2016, 08:02:00 PM
plus to sound as cold and heartless at possible, i'm only really taken back when it's an attack in the West, perhaps because its similar to where I live and its far more relatable.....attacks in the middle east and Africa are in areas that are constantly facing oppression, direct wars with rival countries be in ISIS or Boko Haram. I'd never claim one was more significant than the other but in terms of hitting home, its attacks on Western countries.

And France, it's the 3rd one (Hebdo, Paris, and this).

It's such a fucking weird time. In Canada we've let I think almost 30,000 Syrian refugees in and I don't know how to feel. I'm certainly not as well informed as some, but I'm not completely left in the dark either.

On one side you see that the VAST majority of Syrian refugees are just honest people not wanting to live in a shithole of a country and in constant fear whether they'll get murdered or not, I take pride in my country being one of the safest on Earth and see no reason why in a place with so much land and little inhabiters we're perfect. Get the Syrians in, get them employed and paying taxes to help the economy and in turn expect them to be grateful and outstanding citizens.

...and then on the other hand there's fear that of the 30,000 it only takes a small handful to destroy everything. You've seen attacks in the more multicultural countries like France and Belgium that are absolutely horrific, you've seen the rise in rapes in Sweden and Germany.

The actions of the very select few installs a prejudice towards people who 98% just want a better life and I can say I've never been completely on board with Canada's Syrian immigration plan because of these tragedies. On one hand I want to extend my hand and help these people and on the other I want to say fuck you and you're stoneage way of thinking...I hope the Government sticks you up north in the snow in Nunavut or something.

I guess the bottom line is to let them in fearlessly and trust the scanning process, because if you live in fear, ISIS wins.

While I mostly agree with you - I think we have a lot of problems at home that we should take care of first. If I was working poor, homeless, or one of the many TFW's who have been deported despite working and getting little to no Government assistance, I'd be pissed at all the money being spent to accomadate the Syrian refugees.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Cory

Quote from: Captain Metro on July 16, 2016, 01:50:23 PM
While I mostly agree with you - I think we have a lot of problems at home that we should take care of first. If I was working poor, homeless, or one of the many TFW's who have been deported despite working and getting little to no Government assistance, I'd be pissed at all the money being spent to accomadate the Syrian refugees.

Completely. The economy down East is fucking awful, we have more schools and students than jobs to fill them and unless we want to uproot and move out west there's nothing here. No spending on new jobs, no spending on retention of young people and then you see not only all of the money the country is spending to accommodate refugees but then you see all of the help the government is giving them to help them get employed.

As someone who is currently unemployed who has multiple degrees and diplomas in business, marketing and management (I don't feel sorry for Art and History majors without jobs, cmon bro) its really tough to understand why the government doesnt want to take care of their own first. I'd say with people I've gone to school with maybe 1/4 is currently unemployed and 3/4 are working well out of their field at either a retail/food store or family business.

I guess that is the liberal government for you.

Dorling

Considering how much to blame the west is for shit that has gone down in that part of the world, we have a moral obligation to assist all refugees. Even if our economies are 'messed up' our homes are not in ruins and we are not fearful of death 24/7.

It honestly angers me how apathetic we can be towards them. In the grand scheme of things refugees cost little to look after and ultimately are eager to become valuable members of our society.

Being scared of refugees is what ISIS wants and, as a reaction, is quite ignorant.

Calling Islam 'stone aged' is, again, pretty ignorant and only a reflection of the media attention on ISIS.

Finally, to say it only takes a handful to 'destroy everything' and then using European examples is just plain wrong. Everything is not destroyed here. Aside from the vocal right who are becoming more emboldened, the majority of us are united and will not give in to this hate.

Terrorism will always happen and it's not always muslims. End of. I hate seeing this kind of division amongst humans because of a very, very small amount of people.

Cory

Quote from: Dorling on July 16, 2016, 04:35:53 PM
Considering how much to blame the west is for shit that has gone down in that part of the world, we have a moral obligation to assist all refugees. Even if our economies are 'messed up' our homes are not in ruins and we are not fearful of death 24/7.

It honestly angers me how apathetic we can be towards them. In the grand scheme of things refugees cost little to look after and ultimately are eager to become valuable members of our society.

Being scared of refugees is what ISIS wants and, as a reaction, is quite ignorant.

Calling Islam 'stone aged' is, again, pretty ignorant and only a reflection of the media attention on ISIS.

Finally, to say it only takes a handful to 'destroy everything' and then using European examples is just plain wrong. Everything is not destroyed here. Aside from the vocal right who are becoming more emboldened, the majority of us are united and will not give in to this hate.

Terrorism will always happen and it's not always muslims. End of. I hate seeing this kind of division amongst humans because of a very, very small amount of people.

Yeah man I agree with almost all of this and touched on it in my post, I just happen to disagree on the negative stigma about refugees being from the vocal right, certainly there are thought who use it as propaganda and to fuel whatever to benefit them but as someone who is as non-religious and libertarian (I've been told that's what I am, honestly dont give a fuck about politics) I can just look at this with no real bias outside of pride of my country.

I've grown up around a lot of muslim immigrants and for a good period of my life was in a lot of households of friends and teammates who were muslim from Iran, Egypt, Bahrain. One of the closest families to mine are Muslims from Egypt. I can't speak for all muslims but in my community the way they treated women was pretty 'stone age' and they would tend to get aggressive with things like 'Merry Christmas' and our Canadian traditions, rather be more modernized and accepting of our culture.

Hence why in my post I was fairly contradictory as overall I want to help them but you can't be careless and blind to the risks that the very small few bring to affect the much greater whole. And when I said 'destroy everything' that was in regards to the idea that refugees are to be sought after and welcomed rather than feared after every attack fueling the right.

It seems like the liberals want to be the good guy, let as many refugees in as possible and call anyone who is even cautions an Islamophobe while at the same time be shocked, add a flag to their facebook picture and light a building different colors after a western city gets attacked and say something needs to be done....

....and the conservatives are too extreme and alienate every muslim even those who were born in their country to the point of where Its not out of this world to see homegrown radicals form because of the Trumps of the world, and the right wants to impose THEIR christian beliefs as justification which is fucking equally as stupid.

To me, religion is non-existent. As someone whose only religion on Sundays is NFL Football, I think and can unapologetically say if your religion is worth killing for, start with yourself.

Dorling

Hey, I consider myself a liberal but the whole 'call everyone else an islamophobe and put flags on your Facebook' is what a lot of very unpleasant people have said to me on the Internet. I'd be careful saying stuff like that because it is of the same extreme as the far right douches.

The whole problem with the world right now is extremes. You're either a terrorist sympathiser or a racist. It's pathetic, but people love to be confrontational.

The solution to everything is obvious, it's somewhere in the middle. Sensible compassion. Tolerance. Working together. Accepting and respecting each others beliefs.

But this won't happen. Humans cannot compromise. Religion and culture are too ingrained. It's sad. Very, very sad.